Christ Connection:The foundation of the gospel is faith. Jesus lived a perfect life and died the death we deserve. By grace, God saves everyone who trusts in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
VBS Motto: Jesus! Our strong foundation!
VBS Scripture: I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 (CSB)
AGES: For children Grades 1- 6
Day 1: Foundation of Love
- BIBLE STORY: Jesus Chose Matthew (Matthew 9:9-13)
- THE POINT: Jesus chooses to love me. I can’t earn it.
- BONUS VERSE: As the Father has loved me, I have also loved you. Remain in my love. John 15:9
Day 2: Foundation of Forgiveness
- BIBLE STORY: Paul’s Redemption (Acts 26:1-29 )
- THE POINT: Jesus loves me regardless of my sin.
- BONUS VERSE: But God proves his own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Day 3: Foundation of Worth
- BIBLE STORY: Jesus Prayed in the Garden (Matthew 26:36-46)
- THE POINT: Jesus chose to die for me.
- BONUS VERSE: No one has greater love than this: to lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Day 4: Foundation of Promise
- BIBLE STORY: Jesus’ Resurrection and Promise (Matthew 28:1-10,16-20)
- THE POINT: Jesus will always love me.
- BONUS VERSE: And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20b
Day 5: Foundation for Life