The Preschool and Children’s Ministry of Ridgecrest strives to:
1. Partner with all other ministries of the church in reaching families for Christ, in all we do.
2. Give encouragement, training, and support to parents, as they provide the primary spiritual nurturing of their preschoolers and children.
3. Give volunteers and teachers the opportunity to explore their gifts in working with preschoolers and children while providing opportunities for them to sharpen their skills and allowing them to experience the intrinsic and extrinsic rewards for their service.
4. Create a fun, warm, safe, attractive, and friendly atmosphere that welcomes preschoolers, children, and their parents.
5. Creatively, effectively, and constantly instill Biblical truth in preschoolers and children in age-appropriate ways, partnering with parents in the spiritual education and development of their preschoolers and children.
6. Provide programming–weekly, monthly, and annual events, classes, and ministries–that helps preschoolers and children grow to say YES to Christ in a relationship with Him, helps them grow spiritually, provides opportunities to build lasting relationships with others, and ensures that in preschoolers’ and children’s lives, church plays a significant part of a happy childhood.
Weekly Children’s Schedule
Sunday – 9:30 a.m. Sunday Bible Fellowship
10:45 a.m. Worship Celebration (Nursery provided- Birth – 4 years)
11:00 a.m. The Peak-Children’s Worship (K-5 – 5th grade)
5:00 p.m. AWANA (3 years – 6th grade) (Nursery provided- Birth – 2 years)
Wednesday – 5:00 p.m. Fellowship Meal
5:30 p.m. Preschool & Children’s Choirs
6:15 p.m. Preschool & Children’s Missions Organizations
(Mission Friends, G.A.s, & R.A.s)
Additional Annual Activities:
Vacation Bible School
Music Camp at Shocco Springs – Remix 4,5,6 (4th – 6th grade completed)
Children’s Christmas Party